Friday, March 13, 2009

Introduction

Hello and welcome. After hundreds of days spent scouring books and the web for information that should have been easy to find, I decided to create this blog to share some of the things I've found out about how Oracle's Application Development Framework, Sun's Java Server Faces, and related technologies really work. I am continually appalled at the lack of accurate documentation regarding ADF, and its parents, JSF and JSP, in general. This is my way of helping to fix that problem.

I have spent innumerable hours hunting down some of these details. In a few cases, I have had to figure them out by trial and error, involving much cursing and gnashing of teeth. In an effort to spare others a little of the same agony I had to endure, and in no particular order, I offer to share my knowledge.

My search was certainly not an individual effort. If not for the likes of Chris Muir, Steve Muench, Duncan Mills, Avrom Roy-Faderman, John Stegeman, Lucas Jellema, and others, I might have given up on this technology as being too cumbersome, overly complicated, and impractical. A big round of "Thank You'ns" goes out to them and all who have shared their knowledge publically. In the Related Links list to the right are their blogs. I found them very valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment